The R&S®Spectrum Rider FPH offers German engineered performance and an ergonomic design at an affordable price.
With excellent RF performance, it can capture weak signals with a DANL as low as –163 dBm. The portable R&S®Spectrum Rider FPH weighs only 2.5 kg and its battery lasts for six hours or more. Measure anywhere and anytime at an affordable price.
- 5 kHz up to 31 GHz
- Performance: excellent displayed average noise level (DANL)
- Portability: lightweight (2.5 kg) and battery lasts for a day's work
- Price: affordable price
- User experience redefined thanks to multitouch interface
3 Ps you need – Performance, Portability, Price
The R&S®Spectrum Rider FPH is designed to suit both field and lab applications in indoor and in outdoor environments. Large buttons and a multifunction rotary control allow operation even with gloves. Its backlit keypad makes the analyzer also usable in the dark, and the bright nonreflecting display makes it readable in the sunshine. The battery lasts an entire working day. Its light weight, small form factor and ruggedness make the analyzer easy to carry. The instrument is a reliable companion even in harsh and difficulttoreach environments.
Due to its fanless design, the analyzer operates noise free and is clean and reliable since no dust or water can slip in through the vent guard.
The small form factor does not limit the performance and capabilities of the R&S®Spectrum Rider FPH. Thanks to its solid RF performance, its short boot time and its ease of use, the R&S®Spectrum Rider FPH is the perfect instrument for spectrum measurements in the lab or in service applications.
The stateoftheart touchscreen allows operation using smartphonelike touch gestures. An onscreen keyboard and many other functions make the life of the user easier.
- Frequency ranges from 5 kHz up to 31 GHz
- Frequency extensions via keycode: From 5 kHz down to 100 Hz (applicable to model .06/.13/.26), From 2 GHz to 3 GHz or 4 GHz, From 6 GHz to 8 GHz, From 13.6 GHz to 20 GHz and From 26.5 GHz to 31 GHz
- Spectrum analysis for e.g. Mobile communications, Radar and satellite communications, Broadcasting
- Solid RF performance
- DANL: typ. –163 dBm (10 MHz to 3 GHz, preamplifier on)
- TOI measurement: +10 dBm (f = 2.4 GHz)
- Ideal for field use: > 6 hour battery life, 2.5 kg (5.5 lb) weight, backlit keypad, fast boot time, nonreflective display, small footprint, ruggedized housing
- Large color display with touch and gesture operation
- Measurement wizard that supports measurement campaigns, speeds up measurements and avoids errors
- Features and options for various industries such as aerospace and defense, wireless communications, broadcasting, spectrum regulators and education
- Easy and costefficient upgrades of all options via software keycode❙3year warranty as standard (battery and accessories have oneyear warranty)
|Frequency||DANL @ 3GHz, PreAmp On||Phase Noise @ 500MHz, 1MHz offset||Phase Noise @ 500MHz, 100kHz offset||TOI @ 2.4GHz|
|2 GHz (3/4 GHz opt)||–163 dBm (typ.)||typ. –125 dBc (1 Hz)||typ. –105 dBc (1 Hz)||meas. +10 dBm|
|6 GHz (8 GHz opt)||–162 dBm (typ.)||typ. –125 dBc (1 Hz)||typ. –105 dBc (1 Hz)||meas. +10 dBm|
|13.6 GHz (20 GHz opt)||–162 dBm (typ.)||typ. –125 dBc (1 Hz)||typ. –105 dBc (1 Hz)||meas. +10 dBm|
|26.5 GHz (31 GHz opt)||–162 dBm (typ.)||typ. –125 dBc (1 Hz)||typ. –105 dBc (1 Hz)||meas. +10 dBm|
Frequency resolution: 1 Hz
Resolution bandwidth: 1 Hz to 3 MHz in 1/3 sequence
Spectral purity SSB phase noise: f = 500 MHz -> Carrier offset: for 30 kHz, < –88 dBc (1 Hz), typ. –95 dBc (1 Hz); for 100 kHz, < –98 dBc (1 Hz), typ.–105 dBc (1 Hz); for 1 MHz, < –118 dBc (1 Hz), typ. –125 dBc (1 Hz)
Total measurement uncertainty: 95 % confidence level, +20 °C to +30 °C, SNR > 16 dB, 0 dB to –50 dB below reference level, RF attenuation auto; for 10 MHz ≤ f ≤ 31 GHz: < 1.25 dB, typ. 0.5 dB
Display Resolution: WVGA, 800 × 480 pixel
Battery: R&S®HA-Z306 lithium-ion battery pack
Battery Capacity: 72 Wh
Battery Voltage: nom. 11.25 V
Battery Operating time with new, fully charged unit: 8 h (2GHz model), 7 h (6GHz model), 6 h (13GHz/26GHz model)
Dimensions (W × H × D): 202 mm × 294 mm × 76 mm (8.0 in × 11.6 in × 3 in)
Weight: 2.5 kg (5.5 lb)