The Computer Controlled Biomedical Spirometry and Breath Teaching Unit, “BISBC”, performs a spirometry test and displays its results with a diagnostic aim.
It also includes a breath simulator that reproduces the test performed by different types of patients. The BISBC allows the respiratory function parameters and all the parameters related to the spirometry tests to be understood in an easy and comprehensive way.
The BISBC unit is provided with a set of practical exercises, through which the user will understand the basic principles about the respiratory function and apply them to interpret the results of a spirometry test.
The Computer Controlled Biomedical Spirometry and Breath Teaching Unit, “BISBC”, consists of a professional spirometer and a breath simulator composed by an electrical linear actuator and two lung simulators. The lung simulators have similar volumes to the human lungs and allow for reproducing the air flow and volume of different patients during the spirometry test.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + a Control Interface Box + a Data Acquisition Board + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.
Respiratory diseases are a significant and common cause of death all around the world. It is of great importance for biomedical engineers to understand the principles of the diagnostic techniques in order to apply a successful treatment.
One of those diagnostic techniques is spirometry, a pulmonary function test that measures the lung function by means of the volume and flow of air that can be inhaled and exhaled. The spirometry is an important tool to assess conditions such as asthma and pulmonary and cystic fibrosis, among other respiratory diseases.
- Advanced Real-Time SCADA and PID Control.
- Open Control + Multicontrol + Real-Time Control.
- Specialized EDIBON Control Software based on LabVIEW.
- National Instruments Data Acquisition board (250 KS/s, kilo samples per second).
- Projector and/or electronic whiteboard compatibility allows the unit to be explained and demonstrated to an entire class at one time.
- Capable of doing applied research, real industrial simulation, training courses, etc.
- Remote operation and control by the user and remote control for EDIBON technical support, are always included.
- Totally safe, utilizing 4 safety systems (Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic & Software).
- Designed and manufactured under several quality standards.
- Optional ICAI software to create, edit and carry out practical exercises, tests, exams, calculations, etc. Apart from monitoring user’s knowledge and progress reached.
- This unit has been designed for future expansion and integration. A common expansion is the EDIBON Scada-Net (ESN) System which enables multiple students to simultaneously operate many units in a network.