The Computer Controlled Photovoltaic Solar Energy Unit, "EESFC", includes equipment that uses the photo-conversion law for the direct conversion of solar radiation into electricity.
The absorbed energy is provided by simulated solar radiation, which in our case is supplied by a panel with powerful light sources (solar lamps). The unit contains:
- Photovoltaic solar panels.
- Solar simulator composed of solar lamps.
- Ventilation system.
- DC load and battery charger regulator.
- Auxiliary battery charger.
- DC Loads module.
- Sensors (temperature, light radiation, DC current and DC voltage).
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + a Control Interface Box + a Data Acquisition Board + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.
Optional (NOT included in the minimum supply):
- EE-KIT. Kit of Conversion and Consumption Simulation (AC): Single-phase inverter, AC Loads Module (3 Lamps, 1 axial compact fan with plastic guards and 4 positions selector), AC voltage and current sensors.
- EE-KIT2. Grid Connection Inverter Kit: Grid Connection Inverter, Grid Simulator (ESR).
The sun provides a wide spectrum of solar power. With the exception of the light we see around us every day, the rest of the solar power is invisible. Other parts of the spectrum consist of cosmic beams, gamma rays, x-rays, ultraviolet light, infrared light, radio waves and heat.
Solar radiation is a form of energy that can be transformed into other types of usable energy: electric, calorific, etc. The systems that carry out this transformation belong to a set of new clean technologies, which do not harm the environment. The direct conversion of light energy into electrical energy is known as photovoltaic effect.
- Advanced Real-Time SCADA.
- Open Control + Multicontrol + Real-Time Control.
- Specialized EDIBON Control Software based on LabVIEW.
- National Instruments Data Acquisition board (250 KS/s, kilo samples per second).
- Calibration exercises, which are included, teach the user how to calibrate a sensor and the importance of checking the accuracy of the sensors before taking measurements.
- Projector and/or electronic whiteboard compatibility allows the unit to be explained and demonstrated to an entire class at one time.
- Capable of doing applied research, real industrial simulation, training courses, etc.
- Remote operation and control by the user and remote control for EDIBON technical support, are always included.
- Totally safe, utilizing 4 safety systems (Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic & Software).
- Designed and manufactured under several quality standards.
- Optional ICAI software to create, edit and carry out practical exercises, tests, exams, calculations, etc. Apart from monitoring user's knowledge and progress reached.
- This unit has been designed for future expansion and integration. A common expansion is the EDIBON Scada-Net (ESN) System which enables multiple students to simultaneously operate many units in a network.