The TA018 current clamp is ideal for use with PicoScope automotive oscilloscopes for measuring currents between 10 mA and 60 A. This enables the PicoScope to display current waveforms for fuel injectors and fuel pumps.
The current clamp has two calibration settings, set by a slider switch on the handle of the probe.
- 1 mV/10 mA (100 mV = 1 A) — use this for testing currents up to 20 A.
- 1 mV/100 mA (10 mV = 1 A) — use this for testing current up to 60 A.
In use there is no need to break into the circuit or disturb the isolation as the opening jaws simply clamp around the current carrying conductor. No electrical contact is required.
These current clamps have been designed for use with PicoScope oscilloscopes and feature additional screening to reduce noise pickup. The Pico TA018 current clamp can either be purchased as an accessory within one of our popular diagnostic kits or individually under the packing code PP264.
Connecting the current clamp
The TA018 current clamp features a BNC connector and can be plugged directly into a PicoScope.
Once connected to the PicoScope, switch the current clamp on (green LED should light) and then clamp the jaws around the current carrying conductor.
The TA018 current clamp simply offers the best value for money without compromising resolution. This current clamp has multiple uses and, with a flexible measurement range from 10 mA to 60 A, the TA018 clamp is suitable for applications such as:
- Petrol and diesel injector operation
- Solenoid testing
- Throttle motor functions
- EGR actuator testing
- Broadband 02 sensor testing (in conjunction with current multiplier)
- High current consumption tests up to 60 Amps (Motor lock up test)
- Parasitic drain measurements